Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Heroes Takes on Daddy Dearest

Just when I was starting to give up on Heroes, I come home after cooking class last night (my chicken biryani was kick-ass, thanks for asking, props to Tim) and press 'play' on the PVR and find myself 30 minutes later gripping the edge of the sofa.

Highlight: No cheerleader. I didn't realize how little I cared about Claire until now. Without the world's salvation hinging on her survival, she does little to propel the action.

The biggest thrill of the night was meeting the Nightmare Man, Matt Parker's father. One of the previous generation of heroes (who are currently getting knocked off) he's a greasy deadbeat dad who can trap you in your worst nightmare.

Heroes is best when it concerns itself less with relationships and more with the dark side. If it can move on from teenaged angst or unrequited feudal Japanese love and throw itself back into the whole good versus evil battle royale, it might actually keep me watching.

No comments: